Global Holistic Motivators

Tuesday 19 February 2013

What is Freedom?


Sadhguru says, “”I can do what I like”… is freedom and “I can only do what I like” is not freedom but bondage”

Bondage with Coffee:

If you are addicted to coffee and one fine day when you are about to sip your coffee someone takes it away from you and you scream, “Don’t I have the freedom to drink my cup of coffee?” Is this freedom or bondage? See for yourself…


Waking Up:

Let us say, you wake up regularly at 8 am and one day someone asks you to wake up at 7.30 am you would say, “No, I wake up only at 8 pm”…Is this freedom? Freedom means you can do anything you like. If you need to get up at 7 am you have to get up at 7 am and not say that 8 pm is my only time to get up  


Man’s Freedom:

Once Shankaran Pillai went to the bar with his friends and when the clock struck 8 pm, he put down his half-full glass and started walking towards the door.

All his friends were asking him to at least finish the glass and go, but he kept walking. His friends said, “We know why you are walking out, you are afraid of your wife. What are you? Are you a man or mouse?”

Shankaran Pillai turned back, kept his hands on his hips, stared at them and said, “I am the Man in my house, if I was a Mouse my wife would be afraid of me”  :)

He walked slowly thinking of what to say to his wife and when he reached home, his wife was waiting for him at the door steps with a roller-pin.

She shouted, “You fool, can’t you come on time before 8 pm, you have started drinking again…”. Shankaran Pillai went slowly and closer to her and took a sudden leap over her and started running inside the house.

He is a small and fragile guy, he had lots of hope that she could not catch her. He started running all over the house and went to the bedroom. He went under the bed and there he lied down with his hands at the back of the head.

His wife is a bit hefty so she can’t get under the bed. She said, “You fool come out of the bed, you coward…”.

Shankaran Pillai replied, “I am the Man of the House and I can lie down wherever I wish”  :)



This is his freedom and that is the same way how Man is behaving now…

Freedom is not living without rules but freedom is living by following rules 

- Excerpts from Sadhguru’s talks…

http://ishayoga.wordpress.com/tag/jokes/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be the first to comment!

Don't just read and walk away, Your Feedback Is Always Appreciated. I will try to reply to your queries as soon as time allows.

Note:
1. If your question is unrelated to this article, please use our Facebook Page Global Holistic Motivators.
2. Please always make use of your name in the comment box instead of anonymous so that i can respond to you through your name and don't make use of Names such as "Admin" or "ADMIN" if you want your Comment to be published.
3. Please do not spam, spam comments will be deleted immediately upon my review.

Regards,
Global Holistic Motivators' team
Back To Home