Global Holistic Motivators

Monday 4 February 2013

Samadhi is oneness with existence

WHAT IS SAMADHI?

Someone has said, "The mingling of the drop with the ocean." Someone else has said, "The descent of the ocean into the drop."

But I say, "It is the disappearance of both the drop and the ocean. Where there is neither the drop nor the ocean, there is Samadhi. Where there is neither one nor many, there is Samadhi. Where there is neither the finite nor the infinite, there is Samadhi."

SAMADHI IS ONENESS WITH EXISTENCE.

Samadhi is truth, Samadhi is consciousness, Samadhi is peace. 'I' is not present in Samadhi. Rather, what remains when 'I' ceases to exist is Samadhi.

And perhaps this 'I' which is not 'I' is the real 'I'.

'I' has two existences: the 'ego' and the 'Brahman'. I am not the ego, but I seem to be. I am the Brahman but I seem not to be. Consciousness, pure consciousness is Brahman.

I am pure witnessing consciousness. But because I identify with the stream of my thoughts, I do not see this. Thought itself is not consciousness. Consciousness comprehends thought. Consciousness is the witness of thought. Thought is the object and consciousness is the subject. To identify the subject with the object is to be unconscious. This is the opposite of Samadhi. This is sleep.

What remains in the absence of thought is consciousness. To be in what remains is Samadhi.

AWAKENING INTO THOUGHTLESSNESS OPENS THE DOOR TO EXISTENCE. Existence means that which is. Awaken into it -- this is the essence of the message of all the enlightened ones.

Osho
Seeds of Wisdom
Letters of the Master, Ch #38

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be the first to comment!

Don't just read and walk away, Your Feedback Is Always Appreciated. I will try to reply to your queries as soon as time allows.

Note:
1. If your question is unrelated to this article, please use our Facebook Page Global Holistic Motivators.
2. Please always make use of your name in the comment box instead of anonymous so that i can respond to you through your name and don't make use of Names such as "Admin" or "ADMIN" if you want your Comment to be published.
3. Please do not spam, spam comments will be deleted immediately upon my review.

Regards,
Global Holistic Motivators' team
Back To Home