Global Holistic Motivators

Wednesday 6 February 2013

The Ant and Its Philosophy

This is a typical narration from what recently encountered. A person who met me said, 'I was born in Bombay, and am now settled in New York. I leave home at 7.30 a.m. for work and am back only at 8.30 p.m. I have to achieve my organisational goals and at the same time give quality time to my wife and family. I am tense and I don't know how to go about organising my life... and I find that my life is imbalanced.'

I said, 'The fact of life is, you are busy and have chosen to be in a busy city. It is your choice. Now add one more dimension to your choice in spite of this fact I will learn to be relaxed, balanced and make my relationship work beautifully. Life is like painting and not arithmetic. The painter chooses to create his own world through his art.' 

The person asked, 'What should I do, in spite of my busy schedule, to give quality time to my wife & family, still be relaxed and proactively go about reaching my organisational goals?'

I said, ‘You should observe an ant and learn to organise your life. Ants overcome life threatening obstacles in this vast world.'

'An ant?' he questioned.

If you observe an ant, you can learn a lot.
  • Whatever obstacles you place in front of an ant, it is so flexible that either it goes around it, under it or above it. Flexibility is a great quality in an ant.
  • An ant never quits and it is focused on its goal. It has the attitude of 'Winners never quit; Quitters never win.'
  • When it is summer, it plans for winter ---Tremendous planning ability.
  • When it is winter, it waits patiently for summer---Patience.
  • At any given point of time, it does all that is possible; it is holistic in whatever it does, however small it is, never invalidates its strengths Commitment to do its best.
  • It operates in a TEAM---Team is Together Empowering to Achieve More.
  • Ants have the humility to follow the Leader---Humility is Strength; not Weakness.
  • United they build an ant hill---an engineering feat---where even cooling effect is taken care of, inside an ant-hill, Team and Team Intelligence. Ants, while moving in a chain, have perfect coordination to send feedback to the ants following them about the path they are treading on. This communication chain has perfect networking--- Communication Chain.

'Can you organise and balance your life like an ant?’ was my advise. I elaborated further saying we can ask these questions by comparing an ant's qualities:
  • Flexibility: Are you flexible in giving quality time to your family? Can you appreciate your wife in a way that is life nourishing? Can you see flexibility is the mother of creativity?
  • Planning: In summer, when everything is going well, are you planning for winter? Or are you lost in your joy? 
  • Patience: In winter, during difficult days, are you wise enough to develop the quality of patience and have an understanding of the seasonal changes?
  • Enjoy each moment: Can you consider every incident as joyous and totally rejoice in the present rather than desiring that one or some of your joyous moments be permanent?
  • Commitment: Are you giving your best to the present moment? Are you allowing yourself to better your best and make it a habit to be fully involved in everything?
  • TEAM: Can you drop the 'I' in you and operate from 'WE' and make your family a team?
  • Humility: Can you be humble to follow the rules of life rather than treat rules as binding forces? Can discipline become a harnessing force?
  • Networking ability: Can you meticulously network with people in accomplishing higher tasks?

By following this philosophy, let the results speak. Have you created a successful ant hill?
Oh, Mind Relax Please! And allow relaxation to create balance and peace thus making your struggles sacred.


Life is like Painting and not Arithmetic. Create your world of Joy.

Follow the wisdom of the Ants.

What the human mind can conceive, believe and dare, it can surely accomplish.

Our struggles have a cosmic purpose.
-Oh Mind Relax Please, Swami Sukhabodhananda


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be the first to comment!

Don't just read and walk away, Your Feedback Is Always Appreciated. I will try to reply to your queries as soon as time allows.

Note:
1. If your question is unrelated to this article, please use our Facebook Page Global Holistic Motivators.
2. Please always make use of your name in the comment box instead of anonymous so that i can respond to you through your name and don't make use of Names such as "Admin" or "ADMIN" if you want your Comment to be published.
3. Please do not spam, spam comments will be deleted immediately upon my review.

Regards,
Global Holistic Motivators' team
Back To Home