Global Holistic Motivators

Wednesday 25 September 2013

Technique:Sandwich Technique - Positive Critiicism

1. Use sincere praise in a "Compliment Sandwich Technique". When you use the sandwich technique, you sandwich one bad point (as a request not a direct complaint) offset between two good points (compliments). Don't sound unfriendly or too intense, yet not so mushy as to not make the point clearly.

2. Use condiments of smiles; be on the other person's side. Let the other person know that you are empathetic; feel concern, but it's not pity or sympathy. And rather than being antagonistic, you are showing that you recognize several good points, too.

3. Keep it real: know what the issues are. Relax and be personable; don't magnify the facts or descriptions: as if you're some cheap, "B-movie" actor, and faking it with made-up, or silly, slapstick compliments.

4. Start with a slice good characteristic or special gift of the person: be pretty accurate to "not" exaggerate or to be outrageous.

5. Criticize the actions not the person. Put the "meat" with "now ____" or "one thing is ____"
Avoid using "but" because that will even offend children.

6. End it with another good point -- in the critiqued person's favor. So finish with a slice of complimentary remarks. These examples stress the two compliments:  
  1. "You are so good at making those grilled cheese sandwiches. They taste so good. Now, I really wish that you would clean up the kitchen area after you do it. It would help me out a lot. You are so good about helping around the house." Variations include:
  2. "What I liked most was (______). One way you could improve this is (______). One of your greatest strengths is (______)."
  3. "The first thing I observed was that you did (_____) just right. Well done. Now let's talk about this, if we can tweak this one thing. Could you (______)? It’ll be even better. There, you got it just right. You did great. I really like the way you (______)."
  4. "One really good thing about your gardening project is (______). I would really appreciate it if, instead of doing (______), that you do (______). That would make me very happy. By the way, in case I haven’t mentioned it lately, I just want to say that one thing I really admire about you is (______)."
  5. "You make a valid point. One thing I like about how you're thinking is (______). Let me counter your argument by saying... Like I said, you made a good point. One thing that always impresses me about you is (______)."

7. Explain your compliments -- being respectful: make your words real by saying something that sounds reasonable and full of meaning, such as:

  • "And I noticed this because (______). It reminds me of the time that (______)."
  • "I remember the time that you (______). That is the same kind of (______) that you know that I like so much; thank you so much."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be the first to comment!

Don't just read and walk away, Your Feedback Is Always Appreciated. I will try to reply to your queries as soon as time allows.

Note:
1. If your question is unrelated to this article, please use our Facebook Page Global Holistic Motivators.
2. Please always make use of your name in the comment box instead of anonymous so that i can respond to you through your name and don't make use of Names such as "Admin" or "ADMIN" if you want your Comment to be published.
3. Please do not spam, spam comments will be deleted immediately upon my review.

Regards,
Global Holistic Motivators' team
Back To Home